View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Unimproved Buried A\'s.

In stud, where the best hand is less likely to hold up as opposed to other games such as hold em, I like to be as aggressive with big pairs as possible early . because opponents will rarly let go for a reraise early & I can sometimes get it heads up on the later streets And some dead money in the pot. I deny the lower hands and draws implied pot odds. and because of the image it gives me and it makes it easy to drive better hands off on the later streets on the later hands. I do like the call(3rd) and then check raise (4th)/ bet or free card play (5th)though. Its just one example of programed betting in 7 stud high.

as far as split 2's with a suited A in a loosely structured game or a tight game ( most online games are of loose structures) I submit Pg. 165 of 7CSFAP as exhibit "A.1" and Pg. 164 as exhibit "A.2"

However I feel it is far more likely he has KK, QQ or two hi suited connected in the hole.

I dont think rolled ups is much of a threat here. they are just not common enough to fear all that much. and his late street play doesnt suggest them.

Of course us marsupials have never been credited with being that smart.

Wombat6