View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: UB 33 TEC - First hand disaster........

I seem to recall Sklansky stating that you should call a raise HU w/ any pp, any Broadway, any suited connector... I'll have to check my facts.....

I understand the multi-way "draw"-esqueness of JTs..... and the implied odds of flopping a draw against multiple opponents. Against a single opponent, isn't there "additional" equity if you hit the flop ??

If I hit a J/T on the flop, I have to evaluate the texture of the flop, and the relative strength of the other flop cards...... but since you/opponent are likely to miss the flop 2/3 of the time, post-flop would leave you fearing only higher PPs..... QQ, KK, AA.....

Which begs the question, if you hit only one of your cards, what is your course of action ?

As you said, when I saw the flop I was going broke..... this time...... against a lot of other holdings I do alright.

Thanks for your input.

peace, mondo

P.S. Being the first hand of the tourney didn't help.... if I had to do it all over again, I think I would !!!

BTW, "Villain" went on to win the tourney..'spose doubling up w/ my chips on the first hand was NOT an impediment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]