View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

When Mason said he believes you'd be an underdog in most of the matches you play, he clearly wasn't referring to the odds of you playing himself or David S. He's just speculating on you're likely opposition. So I think you're going to have a tough time goading one of them into one of your matches.

How many players in the world wouldn't be an underdog, if they figured to be taking on, one by one, some of the best players in the world, each at their best games? We're not talking Seattle Supersonics/San Antonio Spurs type dog - more like Spurs - Miami Heat (who's the dog?)

David I believe has said that he isn't too comfortable playing for 100k or 50k, and I think he said he'd want to receive 1.25 to 1 and play Stud/8 or better (blinds?) to take you on. I don't think 10 to 9 will do it for him.

Also, I believe he's said that he wouldn't feel right playing at the Wynn right now, since the Bellagio is currently hosting a trial of a game he created.

Even when he picks the game, it's not like David feels he has anything but a small edge over you. I think his only real interest in the idea is if you are willing to lay him enough odds to make risking that amount of money worth it to him. And since he clearly doesn't relish risking that amount of money on a "coin flip", you're basically going to have to make a suckers bet to get him to play you heads up for big money.