View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Is this just another way to be results-oriented?

I been suffering through a combination of variance coupled with some bad/possibly tilty play in the 33s. Nothing serious, but I dropped about 15 buy-ins over the weekend. At one point, I got very frustrated and decided to jump over to Stars and play some SnGs over there just for a change of scenery. I picked the 25+2 Turbos, since I had about $600 over there to play with (from the bonus deposit, which I really hadn't planned to clear right now). Without going into details, I ended up winning back everything I lost at the 33s. The cards weren't really hitting me in the face, but I was doing betting on the coin-flips (not to mention the style seems less aggressive there, so I was able to make up lots of ground on the bubble).

So, now I'm in a quandary: I can't decide whether to keep playing the 25+2s due to my recent success, or whether to go back and hammer at the 33s (or whether it even matters). I feel that it's likely that my recent PS success is more due to variance + increased concentration because I'm unfamiliar with the structure rather than any particular softness or suited-ness to my style. Nevertheless, I feel like there's a psychological advantage to playing confidently and relaxed, rather than trying to get "unstuck."

I guess I really don't have a question here, but I'm interested if others have had similar experiences.