View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: At what point (HU) do you quit playing flops and focus on AI only?

I really want to read your original thread first before responding, but I won't.

[ QUOTE ]
do you never call PF

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to this is how well do you know your opponent? If your opponent will let you see a flop without reraising (unless you're trapping), then I will complete.

If your opponent will only call your AI's with only premium hands, then a strategy to just raise/push could be effective.

Besides the blinds, you also have to consider stacksizes relative to each other. For example I could break down my strategy by the following:

I have 75% of the chips
I have 25% of the chips
Chipstacks are equal

IMO, the best strategy is dependent on the situation which includes, relative stack sizes, blinds, and opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
The blinds just went up to X. At X, do you never call PF, do you only go AI or fold? What is X?

[/ QUOTE ]

When discussing HU games, as the blinds increase to greater than 5% of the total tournament chips, the AI or fold can be an effective strategy.

[ QUOTE ]
Can there always be some play? Are there some hands you might just call with or just min-raise with? Does your opponent matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, there is no one answer to this. But the most important factor is your opponent.