View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: A lesson to be learned from my recent losing streak

Now that I've put some thought into it, I've been noticing a large increase in my first and second place finishes lately. I'm playing roughly the same way as before, however, I'm finding more places to steal with all sorts of hands. For example, I've recently begun pushing with any two reasonable cards from the BB when the SB completes (and it was folded to him). When the blinds get to be 100/200+, this sort of steal can do a lot to help your stack.

Also, my overall aggression level has definitely increased. I'm not a maniac by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm finding myself making decisions to push based more on FE and position rather than my cards. Of course there are plenty of times where your cards do matter, but it is sometimes correct to push with trash. I've only recently begun to understand this.

It's become obvious to me that the difference between a winning and a losing SNG player is the use/misuse of the science of stealing. I've always heard this from posters on this board, but I'm now seeing this first-hand, and that is a very good thing.