View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: I got one, now I need another

[ QUOTE ]
You really went into the archives for that one. Since I was just talking about 10/1, not everything applies to the 20s where you play now (or even the 10s nowadays for all I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda thought as much, but I really have been able to find any other advice about this, and ICM and other such tools really don't apply.

Maybe I should've just asked: when is it right to defend, and how much should you defend? Maybe I should just explain my strategy and let others comment:

I generally defend with any hand I'd feel comfortable pushing and not mind being called (something like AK or 99+). That's probably a little too conservative, but unless I need the chips, I'd rather be in control than reacting (Gap concept and all that).

In the example above, I folded. I feel like it's right to fold just about anything less than a big pair or AQ (although I probably would've defended with AJ+ and then kicked myself when I ran into a pair and lost the coin-flip).

Due to the stacks at PP, it only takes one mistake to ruin your day. And I think once you get past the 11s, the players start realizing that more, so your fold equity goes up and you don't have to make this play.

I think I'd much rather just fold anything below AQ/99 here and then open-push T8 the next hand.