View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 11:44 PM

Default I got one, now I need another

The first cajone that I needed to grow was the "all-in with any two" cajone. When the chips are down and the position is right, it's the only option. It took a while to do it without wincing, but now it doesn't bother me.

However, the blind defense cajone is proving to be a bit more troublesome to grow. I've been using an old post by PVS as a guideline:

[ QUOTE ]

If you are in the BB, you cannot allow people to min raise you. If they min-raise, you must re-raise if at all possible. Once they get the message, they will have to bet at least 3xBB.

[/ QUOTE ]
and
[ QUOTE ]

- Don't allow people to min-raise your BB. Reraise with any A, K, QJ, QT, JT, pair, or suited connector.
- Try to reraise rather than call. Calling doesnt really discourage blind stealers.
- If you are short stack, just try to get ahead of the other short stacks and stay there. You don't need to double or triple up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I don't have any trouble shoving my stack in against a min-raise with AQ, or even ATs, but something like KTo is a different story. I just can't make myself put my whole tournament on a blind defense, since the blinds are often so big that you're only option is to re-raise all-in.

Am I taking this stuff too literally? For example, here's a hand from tonight. SB was a solid player and fairly aggressive, but not crazy-aggressive. Would anyone defend here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter

UTG (t700)
MP (t1645)
Button (t870)
SB (t2295)
Hero (t2490)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t600</font>, Hero ???

What if SB had button's stack? Or MP's stack?