View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 11:54 PM

Default Re: What about Sabra and Chatila?

Interesting link. First I've heard of that. Worthy of concern and further investigation, certainly. Even the article of the link does not claim that it is entirely conclusive, however.

I still think there is a difference, even if that linked article later proves to be completely true: Israel does not send out suicide bombers every two weeks to take innocent lives. The terrorist organizations do just that. Israel does act outside the bounds of international law in self-defense--and they HAVE to, they've been under nearly unrelenting attack for decades. If the terrorists actually would STOP attacking, I don't think Israel would feel forced to continue. Let's remember who the aggressors are in this scenario. Further, let's have the U.N., rather than censoring Israel, call for Jordan to return the land they stole from the Palestinian state. If their Arab neighbors would return their stolen land and Israel would let the Palestinians actually own most of the settlement areas, they'd have a homeland, wouldn't they?