View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Turbo MTT would you push these types of hands late?

I think you need to get away from being results oriented and make decisions based upon the mathematical probabilities. In both the hands you posted, you had very marginal holdings.

In hand one, although you would have made the nut flush, you had very poor position with so many players left to act. If you had the button, or better yet, the BB, it might be a good call push as you had the shorty covered and he could be pushing with a wide range of hands.

In hand two, I'm guessing you would have hit something stupid like trip kings. This is another easy fold. You don't have any FE to get the Big Stack BB to fold and K8o is not a good hand multiplayer.

Besides, this is a satellite. You only need 1 chip and to place 39th to get the TEC. You will have the button next and can probably fold/stall your way into the "money". You need to evaluate the number of players remaining vs. the stacks of the other shorties and their position. I know that folding this meand you have 1.5 BB but that is all you need if you can out surveive the other shorties. This is how you play satellites.

My two cents, Steve