View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: First, Do No Harm.

[ QUOTE ]

The reason people are reacting the way they are is becasue your "instinct" only kicked in when your child was going to be anally penatrated. So, people don't think this has anything to do with your paternal instincts to protect your child. They think you oversensitive to anal penatration.

[/ QUOTE ]

i may perhaps be oversensitive to anal penetration, but i really don't think so. my wife has no real problem with it, and i can remember getting a suppository or two when growing up, and i'm sure i got a rectal temperature taken as an infant before the other ways were even invented. i am no less a man because of those things. now, one time, my wife tried to put a finger in there, and i didn't like it, and won't let her do that anymore.

the problem i have in this case, is that it was completely unnecessary. they could have simply looked into her ear. if it was red, then they could have proceeded accordingly. they didn't even need to check blood pressure and heart rate. plus, one can get a temperature by other means. why must they give maximum discomfort to take a temp?

cheers!