View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: gawd... i\'m not sure if i coulda avoided this...

[ QUOTE ]
phil, do you think it was better to push or to 3x it?...

also... what are some of these other ways you can think to play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably wouldn't push preflop since MP doesn't have a lot of chips. He'll probably realize his call of 100 was really stupid, and then call your push with A7 or 66.

I think checking the flop is OK. My only read of MP of him calling 14% of his stack preflop. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who will push with A7 if you check.

Therefore, I probably wouldn't check. I don't want to give a free card to 2 players. If they have Ax or JT or T9, they should have to pay something to see the turn.

Betting 300 is fine, but I probably bet 200. I want hands like 55 to call thinking I'm trying to buy the pot. You may even get morons with A7 to call. At the same time, you are charging any silly draws.

I'd only push if I had gotten a reputation as someone who pushes a lot with nothing. If they've seen me push as a bluff of semibluff recently, they might be more likely to call a push than call 200 or 300. This situation occurs more when heads-up after we've been playing together longer, and I've determined that my opponent is capable of thinking at this level (or thinking at all).