Thread: 2-4 PP hand
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 2-4 PP hand

Maybe I miswrote the post (or you misread), I wasn't check raised on the turn (I would have called that most likely since a lot of players will check raise bluff / semi bluff on the turn). BB checked, I bet, Button raised me, BB folded and thought for a long time and folded. Button cold called my raise pre-flop and I don't think he is tricky.

I believe button would cold call with KJ, AQ and better. Would re-raise me only with big pairs and maybe AK. I believe he'd cold call me with worse than KJ as well (suited cards) - he liked the suited cards.

I strongly suspected I was beat and it would cost me 2 big bets to find out. The best I could hope for is that he had two small pair or possibly a KQ. The possibility of him having KQ made me want to call, but the much much larger amount of hands that I thought he could have lead me to folding.

The more I think about it the more I like the fold, but maybe I'm in the minority. I don't often fold in this position, and I've been thinking that might be a leak in my game - that's why I posted this hand.