View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: attn: IndieMatty

Ok. Ill reccomend some bands I havent mentioned before. As I pimp Minus The Bear continuosly. Off the top of my head, before Borgata:

Engine Down - especially the album Demure. If not everything.

Ashes - Female Poppy Hardcore band from DC - Hard to find.

Deadguy - awesoem noisecore, possible the best Hardcore band victory every put out. Check out Fixation on a co-worker. The new (not so much anymore) Dillenger is great, but actually I think you had that asy our avatar?

Texas is the Reason - Anything you can find. Everyone would like this.

Been listening to a lot of Explosions in the Sky, and Godspeed! You Black emperor lately. New Age Modern Cresendo Rock is my sarcastic term for these bands.

The new Temper Temper album off of revelation is pretty good upon first listen, if you are into the dance punk.

A lot of backlash in New York over The Bravery, but the album actually is pretty good if you like bands like theKillers and Franz Ferdinand. Same with Bloc Party/LCD Soundsystem.

The new Nationals record is pretty good, if you like Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs.

1. Old Long Island Hardcore Stuff: Silent Majority, GlassJaw, Milhouse, Tripface, Clockwise, Sons Of Abraham. Hard to find; we'll set up a soulseek someday.

For the record my favorite band is probably Pinback. You should have everything they do.

Not too much new stuff. Lucas, MMBTONE, MacDaddy Warsaw, Jack of Arcades and SFer should contribute in this thread.