View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Playing in Vegas

Well I'm not Dynasty but people HAVE told me to, "Die! Nasty". So I'll try to sub until the master returns.

1) Sahara no-limit Sunday tournie:

Although I have not played in the Sunday tournie, I have played the mid-week no-limit hold'em tournament more then a few times. This is where you need to be. Short fields, bad payers. Go get 'em Dentist. The money is there for the taking. If not, it's still your best chance to shine.

2) Best local tournies:

Orleans & Mirage. If you are looking for under $50, better make it Orleans & Sahara. Orleans is......big fields & well run. Sahara......Small fields and "so-so" run.

The Luxor A.M. tournie is a real crap-shoot but might be worth a look for
some fun. Who knows, someone has to win those things. IF you find yourslf up that early & standing inside the pyramid; Hell, have some fun.

3) If you want to avoid as many rocks as you can, avoid playing in daytime games. Most rocks are early to bed & early to rise. Swing shift & graveyard are when the best games can be found most days of the week. Y.M.M.V.

Card Rooms In the Las Vegas Valley............

1) New Town Tavern

2) Poker Palace

3) Arizona Charlies (west side location only)

4) Plaza

5) Binion's

6) El Cortez

7) Boulder Station

8) Sam's Town

9) Sunset Station

10) Texas Station

11) Nevada Palace (tournaments only)

12) Palace Station

13) Palms

14) Orleans

15) Flamingo

16) Sahara

17) Circus Circus

18) Stardust

19) Mirage

20) Bellagio

21) Monte Carlo

22) Excalibur (great room for beginners)

23) Luxor

24) Mandalay Bay

That's my list anyway. I have played in all of these rooms many, many times. Though, it has been a couple of months since I've been inside the Nevada Palace.

BTW, There are two new card rooms that should be opening up sometime later in the year.

Hope I have been of some help.

Enjoy your visit to Las Vegas.

Best of Luck

Howard