View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Resutls

I was hoping for a bit more discussion, but this seems to have fallen down I'll post my results. and thoughts.

I went for a less than all in re-raise here. I upped to to 1500. BB Folded

This was my thinking in making my play

Option 1 - Call. I now have no idea what he has. Does he have a PP that gave him a set? Does he have 2 random cards he was stealing with that now give him 2 pair? Calling to me would put the brakes on him as I now have said I have hand, but still have no idea what he has.

Option 2 - PUSH. Since we are both big stacks, there are very, very few hands he is calling with here. AA (very unlikely), KK, and MAYBE, MAYBE AK and QQ. to big a chance that he folds and I get no more chance.

Option 3 - Re-raise. This still leaves him room to call me, but lets me know he now has a premium hand as he is willing to go to war with it, but I know I am still ahead. If this was a bluff to buy mu blind, I took his bluff with no risk of him hitting a raggy flop. If he thinks I'm bluffing cause he knows I know the situation and that he will have to lay down a lot - he can move all in on me here and I have an easy call.

I felt Option 3 was my best chance to get more chips into the middle.

But, he smelled something funny, thought for a bit, said he was at best a coinflip and folded his AJs Face up.