View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Home Game Bubble Hand w/AA

Well, let me ask you a question...if the flop comes J high and he happens to have hit his J (or whatever random card it is he has), is he calling your all-in on the flop? My inclination is that you do not want to push the flop unless you are pretty sure he suspects you would do it on a bluff and you think he is willing to bust on the bubble with that belief. It seems to me that the only way you're going to get a significant amount of chips from this hand is if he is the one to put them in first. So, the options seem to be check and let him fire at the pot or make a small bet in the hope that he will come over the top. I would guess that if he is to hold to his aggressive image, he is going to bet the flop when you check, at which point you probably have to push because that's the only reasonable thing you would do on a bluff...thus it seems you have to do it with a hand as well. But the decision of whether to bet or check the flop really depends on his likely action, which you certainly know more about than I.