View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Chasing flush draws

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was just a rare situation. And furthermore, it was 3 handed. My plan was to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/raise might have been fine in other situations but consider the information you already have about the hand. Person in front of you raised, you re-raised, with 1 caller behind you. Original raiser checked thinking you'd bet it, you checked it hoping to check/raise and then... oops... cold-caller has to now actually have a real hand to make a bet. If they missed they'd check it behind. Make a continuation bet like you'd always do, and then you'd call the all-in after some thought.

You know actually after I think about the hand now in these circumstances, I'd be real worried about my overcards if they really are clean outs. If you knew anything about the play of the 2 opponents I'd be more likely to fold this now unless given proper pot odds to chase if you checked, but if it were against unknowns I'd be more willing to call.

Edit: Since they're both going to be all-in anyways on this hand I'd call no matter who I'd be up against and pray for the flush without even worrying about the overcards. Call them insurance.