View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 12:55 AM

Default QQ in MP - Turn/River Play?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but I think I messed up the turn/river.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

UTG+2 is a TAG who I play with a lot. The table overall has been really tight, which brings me to the turn. He checks to me, but the hands I would put him limping in on given his relatively poor position do include hands with Aces and Kings. In any case, I feel as if I should check the turn here, and then bet the river. OTOH, if I do that, and I induce a bluff on the river, can I call it? I'm thinking he MIGHT limp something like KJo or ATs in EP at this table. Opinions? Is my range of hands i'm putting him on PF just totally wrong?

-Alpha