View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Ethics (sometimes I wish I had none)

This happened a few months ago at Bay 101, and initially I decided not to post it cuz I thought/knew I did the right thing. It's been killing me recently though.

Dream 6-12 at Bay 101. Dealer just moved from Montana, one of the most competent I've ever seen. I open-raise with queens, marginal playing props 3-bets 10s, crappy SB calls 3 cold with 75s, I cap. Dealer deals the flop, and just as he does, I realize he didn't see my cap. I start to speak up when i realize this, right as he's dealing the flop. I had already squeezed out a syllable or two, but the flop was out: Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . D'ohh/arrggh. To late to turn back. I don't care how these monkeys perceive me (in terms of integrity), but I gotta be true to myself. I let the dealer know that I had capped it.

Long story short, new flop, I lose $75 or so instead of winning $200+. The dealer was apologetic (the dumbfuck in the SB asked to see my hand after he had won), but in a zenlike state, I let him know it was cool, these things happen, etc, etc.

What really pissed me off is that gamble gamble Asian guy and his three (yeah, three) sweaters in the 8 seat (I was 9, dumbass was 7) was like "Why you do dat? Why you same something?" over and over. I was like "Cuz unlike you I've got some fuckin integrity." I really wasn't mad at the dealer, but I did play a little less than optimally after that.

Dan