View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: AQs in BB L:1 50+5

[ QUOTE ]
"Because of this, you were guessing both on the flop and on the turn. I don't like guessing because it's possible to guess wrong. Folding on the flop means you give up chances at winning a small pot while it's still early without taking a big hit to your chip stack. "

This pot isn't so small right now. There's about 400 chips in the pot, which is quite signifigant when you have a 1000 chip stack. This simply isn't a clear fold.

Secondly - "You were either a tiny favorite on the flop or a huge underdog, due to the combination of many players either flopping a set or making a draw later on. Calling in that spot is giving your money away."

What hand are you a tiny favorite over here? There's no flush draw, and an unlikely straight draw. You are probably either way ahead or way behind.

I'm not advocating any specific play right now, because I want to think about it more, but I know that folding isn't clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding isn't clear cut obviously, but when it comes to normal play, this hand just seemed so weird to me at the time. Perhaps that's why the hand wasn't "normal" at all since their hands were completely different than any regular hands that would play this flop, other than KK/AA+sets. I thought check/calling, although passive, would be the correct play as if the original raiser was bluffing, he'd shut down unless he caught something. I was correct in my assessment of the hand, unfortunately getting unlucky at the river.

I'm real hesitant to push my stack in here with TPTK against 2 opponents but would that have been the correct play? If it were one opponent, this hand wouldn't have even been posted.