View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 18 The Newbie Chronicles: JTG51 vs. Jones

tewal: re the site you reccomended, it discusses errors in HEFAP, upon which Jones based his reccomendations. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Mason wrote an online critique of it here in 2 plus two-- I cannot remember the exact date, so I can't tell you how to access it (perhaps another forum member could) but Mason argued very well and in thorough detail against their methodology and conclusions.

About the ONLY point still in doubt (with me, anyway) is whether KJs is worse than J10s, and, frankly folks, that's not going to alter anyone's game significantly. It won't make headlines.

Pudley 4: Interesting! Carson in his book appears to believe that the games Jones describes are loose-passive, rather than weak-tight( now don't rush me, the difference between loose passive and weak tight is, er... um [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
but then Carson accuses HEFAP of the same thing, and apparently feels that no book (His own excepted?) [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] gives good advice on dealing with very loose and very aggresive games.

( Er.. anyone here play in the California cardrooms who would care to comment?)

Damn! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I dunno, maybe we should we all go back to Poker School? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]