View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: questions observation

[ QUOTE ]
6max vpip should be around 30%
PL VPIP is slightly higher then Limit. 16%/13%. Due to the higher implied odds of limping late in a unraised pot.
Variance is much less in O8 then on HE.
Raising early is little or -ev
PL one of your worst fears is beeing 1/4. In limit it is no big deal.
I was able to play 6 tables of PLO8 while HE this would never be possible as hand opponents hand reading is more important in HE and less important in O8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a noob at this too but I'll give you my comments anyways from my 12,000 hands of experience. All limit so can't comment on PLO.

My VPIP for 6-max is around 38% with PFR of 15%; full table is about 28% and 5% (maybe I'm too loose but it seems to work for me; I try to only play at fairly loose passive tables).

I disagree that PFR has little value as I find increased pot sized gives fish more reasons to call flop and turn bets looking for runner-runner straights/flushes/full houses and lows with only 1 low on the flop. I try to only PFR with good two-way scoop hands playing full ring but playing 6-max I will raise any A with 2 other wheel cards except A45X.; I'll also raise A2 high pair, etc.

I also find variance is low - I 4-table and rarely have a losing session. Funny that you increased # of tables played while for me, I go from 8 SNG's to 4 tabling at 6max O8. There's definitely more thinking required than push or fold in SNG NL play.