View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Continuation bets

My standard pf raise is 3 to 6 times the BB, more at the lower blinds as a 3BB raise at this level has no respect on these tables. Note that it is only a 5 seat table so UTG is really MP3.

I thought I had a good chance at 2 folds given the limps hence the bet - I was betting 90 to win 70. On these (5 seat turbo) tables I believe that most of the time A7, KQ and 77 up would have already raised, but I see that I didn't take position into account properly on this one.

If I am facing a flush draw is it right to give them 3 to 1 odds on flop? I know it is 4:1 to hit on the next card but that assumes that they don't get 4:1 odds at the turn too? that assumes a very large turn bet in this pot. I rarely bet <70% on the flop if I am going to bet. Perhaps I need to revise this down.

As it is I bet 300 on the turn and the opponent folded.

Part of why I got into this mess is because of slight tilt from the previous tournament where the reverse happened. I made similar bets and checked the turn with AJo. I then got bluffed off the pot by a 400 (Villain showing KJo). But then AJo is, of course, much stronger than KJo... lately I am really finding that any weakness is being jumped all over (perhaps people are getting good notes on me). Of course, it may just be that I am frustrated my bluffs aren't getting any respect. Most of the time this comes up when I have AK or AQ and miss the flop.