View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Do these stats tell you anything?

These look a lot like my online stats and I won quite a bit.

17% outside the blinds is OK, I get a number like that. I play very tight up front and kinda loose in back. If you did the opposite you'd still get 17% but it would be a disaster. that's why stats are tough to draw conclusions from.

Your BB and SB numbers are tough to interpret without knowing the aggressiveness of the games you play in, but look OK.

I think your pots won at showdown percentage can be a little low (like yours) if it's for the right reasons; there are many cases where you can call on the river profitably even knowing you won't win 50%, and you might be correctly checking down a lot of hands on the end. You don't want a low win percentage for overcalls on the river in multiway pots. It depends on how you got to the number, in other words.

Anyway, I think you could be a significant winner with these numbers, but it's tough to tell because they hide a lot also.

One thing is, your winning without showdown and winning percentage numbers seem to total a bit high. How many players are usually in your game?