View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Aficionado\'s Of Poker Chips, Kem\'s, Copaq\'s.

I have found this difference of opinion in every hobby that I've had over the past years:

Darts - "cheap" metal shaft darts vs. tungsten shaft darts
Cigars - Average domestics (Hoyo De Monterrey, Sancho Panza, La Gloria Cubana, etc...) vs. Super Premium domestics (Ashton VSG, Opus X, Padron Anniversario, etc...) or all domestics vs. Cubans
Poker - Plastic cards vs. paper, plastic chips vs...you get the picture.

It's all a matter of personal preference and I usually end up somewhere in the middle of this struggle. I may buy a Super Premium or allegedly get my hands on a cuban, but if my enjoyment of the product does not equal the cost, I will not buy it again. Half the fun of these hobbies (for me) is exploring all the different nuances and choices of them and with regards to poker actually makes me a better poker player. I don't just like to play poker on poker night...I like to read everything I can about it, I like to get a new poker toy here and there...I'm basically consumed by this current hobby to the point where I've neglected all my other hobbies and THIS is my advantege over most of the people I play against who just like to play it...while I like to take in everything about it