Thread: Some thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Some thoughts

I get the most from this board when posting a hand or general theory that I have a question on and then feeding the thread. I do this by asking more questions within the thread in a timely manner and posting my thoughts about other's advice within the thread.

Actually, I just played this hand: Paradise $2/$4 game.

I'm in BB with Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . UTG+1 open raises, CO calls, I smooth call in BB. I do this for several reasons. Here are two:

1 - the UTG player is solid with normal raising hands and will auto bet any flop. I can then checkraise a favorable flop for me and check muck a bad flop. Three betting decreases my ability to do this.

2 - Deception is important in this game as the players are pretty good. A three bet in this spot gives away my hand.

The flop came:

2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Good flop, I check UTG+1 bets, CO calls, I raise - call, fold. So far, so good. Turn is K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I bet, UTG+1 raises. I fold.

I felt it very unlikely this player would raise a medium pocket pair JJ - 99 or so. Therefore, I considered this a standard play.

How do you feel about the preflop play and thinking? The checkraise on the flop? And, of course, the bet fold on the turn?

Thanks and good luck,

soda