Thread: Some thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Some thoughts

While I've been reading and posting to this site daily for over a year, I usually try not to open my mouth a lot. My relative inexperience, having been playing for only a year, makes me not want to post "advice" a lot, especially when its frequently fairly clear what the correct course of action is given the information provided and I don't want to say something you can find in HEFAP or what I think Dynasty would say or something - I don't see the point most of the time; especially since at least half of the hands posted by others are either bad beat stories or just penis-waving. While I still think this a great site and a new player can learn a lot here, I feel the past few months in particular have "muddied the waters". It seems to me that there are several people who are novices or just poor players (or maybe even don't play at all, I can't even tell, as they solely post replys and never any of their own hands) who pantomime the same thing over and over on every thread - why, I don't know, I just think its really not necessary to give a stock answer that anyone who studies the game and is reasonable well read would know. Maybe this is partially my fault as I have been posting a couple hands a week on small stakes that are probably of little value, I dunno. I don't post a lot in the mid stakes forum, because, well, I don't really count my regular $8/$16 game as mid stakes and while I consider myself to be a decently strong, moderately winning player, I certainely could not be considered an expert. I don't know why I'm posting this really other than to stir up [censored] on a boring day I guess [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] but am curious to see if others agree with me, and maybe wake up the people to whom I'm refering to. All I know is I'm not enjoying reading this site as much recently, maybe I need to take a break from this forum or something.