View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: I don\'t see many hands like this posted.

[ QUOTE ]
1) The pot is small - especially relative to the effective odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not especially small for a heads up pot. I don't see how effective odds come into play here. I'm not raising on the end regardless of the card that comes off.

[ QUOTE ]
2) I have no other draws other than my over cards and these have to be discounted heavily - if you want to count them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm calling down b/c I think I have the best hand, not because of any draws. I suppose occasionally he'll have something like TT and you'll river a pair on the river, but his most likely holdings are a boat, a draw, or three-pair.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Without a read on the player, I agree it's possible I was CRed with a PP < 8 or a draw. But what % chance do you give it vs the 9, the 8 or TT, not just taking into account card counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like 35% of the time, just completely off-hand. This is definitely the sort of board where I'm thinking about calling down with ace-high right from the get-go. The turn card looks bad for you since it means you're drawing dead to a 9, but it's probably a good card for you since it counterfeits lower PP and makes it less likely that he holds a 9.