Thread: Bad Runs
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 10:04 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: a little confirmation needed

i asked for the clarification to take you off the whiner list. i never called you one....it was an honest assessment question...

now if youre response was different than what you did, my answer would be different...

not sure how long youve been on here, but if youre relativley new, you'll see posts from guys thinking that because theyre way up in 50 hours of play that they think they have it all figured out, and that were all idiots because they have the secret that no one has found about the game. along with the aforementioned guys who think a bad streak is playing 4 hours a week for 4 weeks and calling it a month. playing this much, a streak could last about a year.

but it sounds like youre on a bad streak. and they suck. and youre right...everyone will have em if they havent already. it's not how you make it through the winning sessions but the losing sessions/streaks that tell what type of player you are.

some ideas...

if youre playing that much, is there a time where you always seem to be ahead a little during your 10-12 hours? you may be doing well until fatigue sets in then losing it back later in the session. might be worth exploring...(meaning youre playing past when your optimal level starts to fade)

lastly...

10-12 hours 7 days a week is a little excessive isnt it? im hoping your exaggerating to make a point. thats about 80hours a week. not much time for any other life huh? i dont think even the greatest winning players play that much. your game may be being affected by burnout. you may be overdue for a break. a day off may seem like a week to you.

hang in there

b