View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 05:04 AM

Default Am I Going To Hell?? :-O

$3-$6 game at my local B&M.

Q8o in big blind, 7 or so see the flop for one bet. Flop AQ3 rainbow. I check, everyone else checks to the button. As he goes to bet, dealer partially flips the turn (the room I play in currently has a bunch of new dealers who are HORRIBLE and make follies like this all the time) and I get a brief glance at the card before she puts it back on the top of the deck. Anywho, button makes his bet and I am faced with quite a predicament...I'm 90% sure the turn will be a black queen, giving me trips and having a 50% shot of completing the rainbow.

In this game I would normally fold in this situation most of the time, but now I don't know what to do. Sould I muck like I would've if i didn't see the turn, or do I stay in because it's not my fault I saw the card? To make a long story short, I call as do 2 others. Someone makes a comment to the dealer that someone could've seen the card, and player in the 1 seat who folded says "Well the only people who could've are out of the hand anyway" (he was referring to himself and the 10 seat....I was in the 5 seat and saw it, so I'm thinking that I must've been looking at just the right angle at the right second)

So, I decide to pretend I just decided to gamble and got lucky. I checkraise the turn, get two callers, bet the river and get called down by a strong ace.

After thinking about the hand for the next hour or so, I begin to feel like I did something unethical.

What would you have done? or more importantly, what was the right thing to do?

Thanks for any comments - JAA