View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Identifying small edges

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2600, blinds are 100/200. I have A/Q in early pos. I raise 3X BB to 600. Villan has me covered and pushes from button. Folded to me. I figure this has to be a race. I dont figure him to push with As or Ks. Qs or A/K possibly. But most likely a race and my stack cant afford to pass up a race with these blinds. I call, he has Ks, I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your range.

I take it you are including 77-JJ.

Did you have notes on the button saying he would come over the top with medium pairs?

Without notes that say the button will do this, I think your range is a little wide and tailored to your hand.

The most likely hands that push here, AK and QQ (if you think that AA and KK don't) dominate your holding.

I find that AA and KK will push there as you may like your hand a lot more PF than after seeing a flop and they want your chips in the middle if they can.

IMHO On this hand your range is too wide barring a read to the contrary.

You are getting 1.45-1, and are a 2.53-1 dog on the basic range of hands for his move (AA-QQ, AK), if you include medium pairs down to 77 you are about 1.6-1 dog, which makes it a lot closer, but still not great.

Given that you will still have 10BB's to work with you can find a better situation to get all your chips in with than *hoping* he's pushing with a medium pair.

Regards,
Woodguy