View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Rule question concering a stradlle and blind raise

I've encountered it many times over the years. I have not seen it in a while though. I've also seen a straddle (seat 1), a raise in the dark (seat 2) and a re-raise in the dark (seat 3) by three players sitting right next to each other (ala seats 1, 2 & 3). I've seen that more then a few times over the years.

I've also seen in 1-5 stud someone putting out $5 and saying (before the hand is dealt), "I bet five in the dark if I'm the bring in, or I'm raisng it to five when it gets to me". Or words to that effect. There's a regular at the Flamingo (L.V.) that likes to do that too much (or not enough depending on how you look at it). I've even seen it where a lot of players all did it in the same hand. Some rooms don't allow it, some do.

On a related note to strange things at the table.............

Some rooms will allow you to go all in, in a limit game if you are heads-up (I'm talking about two players with a lot of chips BTW)
I'm talking about a situation where you and another player are the only two players left in the hand and a raising war breaks out. The both of you have a lot of chips. Sometimes the floor rules you both can go all in, if that's what the players want to do. It saves time when both players have a lot of chips (or even several racks) in front of them. I won one of the biggest pots I've ever won in this fashion. And it was not me who asked for the floor ruling to go all in BTW. But I had the nuts and was not about to say no when asked if I was willing to go all in.

Most rooms don't allow it. It depends a lot on who the floor person is IMHO. I've seen it ruled both ways at Palace Station (rulings were about a year apart). I was allowed to go all in against another player at the Palms just last month (it was on gravyard, a lot of rooms bend the rule a little on graveyard I.M.E.). Again, it was not me who asked for the ruling. I remember when I was an everyday player at the Regent Las Vegas (they no longer have a poker room BTW), they never would allow two players to go all in, in a limit poker game in this fashion.

What do you guys think of the places that have allowed it? Speeds up the game or violates the spirit of limit poker?

Thanks

H.B.