View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Sticky Home Game Means New Rule?

I used to see this kind of stuff all the time in the small clubs and backdoor rooms. Most of the people that played were regulars...so, it was mostly a friendly game. I only heard foul language and see someone get really stormy once or twice. (That was meant to direct in a harmful way...)

No one really gave advice...but there were always those two or three "commentators" at the table. At least, that's what I used to call them. They were usually average players who never really won a whole lot...but they tried to seem like they knew what was going on by talking about it.

In your case...these guys would have said something similar. "Well...we remember his large laydown in the other hand, so we know he has the patience and he's never married to a hand. Blah, blah, blah..." I never saw someone get pissed over it. Most of us tuned it out.

In my opinion...the guy should have been more mad at himself for taking a stab at the pot with 99.

I have never had anyone "talk me into" or "out of" making a call/raise/bet/fold...

Just my $.02, but since it's only a penny for my thoughts...I want change. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

sv