View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Worst sports injury that happened to you personally

Ok. I was about 15 and was riding my bike back in from the beach at my parents' cabin, racing against my brother. I turned the corner of the cabin while looking over my shoulder to see how far behind me he was. I never saw the charcoal BBQ until I crashed into it. I tumbled right, and the coals fell with me, covering my legs. Luckily my dad was nearby and got most of the coals off of me within a few seconds. Also luckily I blacked out and didn't have to deal with the initial pain, but still spent two nights in the hospital because of the burns. I give it a 5, but only because I was knocked out when it happened.

Worst I've ever seen: Senior year of high school, watching a rugby game. It was pretty muddy, not raining, but the ground was definitely slick. This guy was running full steam at someone who was trying to catch the ball. The guy trying to catch the ball was down on one knee, waiting for the ball to come in. The guy trying to tackle him lost his footing and went face-first into the guy's bent knee. He broke his nose, and completely shattered his left cheekbone, and cracked his jaw. His face actually was indented where it had contacted the guy's knee. I give it an 8, because he too passed out instantly.

-Diplomat