Thread: KK checkup
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: KK checkup

[ QUOTE ]

calling a check-raise? that's the hard part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a spot for one of those bayesian analyses, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

However, I feel like you should call a c/r on the turn here as you have some outs unless you are up against KJ or AA, both of which are less likely than other possibilities. (KJ b/c you have KK and AA b/c that would have prob been 3-bet pre-flop)

At worst you are getting 8:1 to call a c/r (if sb raises and utg folds) So in the cases he has AQ (not hearts), AT (not hearts), QQ, or TT you have 6 outs (4J and 2K) and if he has QT (not hearts) you have 12 outs (4J, 2K,3A, and 3 3s) and if he has QT hearts you still have 9 outs. So, in all of those cases you have the odds to call at 8:1. Even if he has AQ or AT of hearts, you only need to make up one bet on the river. So, I think in most situations you have the odds to call the c/r.

Then I would fold to a bet on the river unimproved, but I am not sure if that falls into the "don't fold on the river for one bet in a big pot" scenario as you would be getting at least 10:1 on that.