View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report

Can anyone lend me a shirt?

I'll spare you all the gory details but I ran pretty bad for 4 days. Fast forward to Monday, our departure day and my brother and me get to the airport and get our boarding passes at a kiosk.

I'm 6' 3" and always try for the exit rows for the leg room but they're never available. But randomly this time we get an exit row, seats 11A and 11B. I got 11B the middle seat. I tell my brother "looks like my luck is changing, love the exit row."

He's amused because he ran seriously good for the whole trip and then he tops it off a little later meeting a San Diego Chargers cheerleader and gets her email address.

So we get on the plane, I get settled in that middle seat and find out that I'm still running bad. This 450 lb behemoth plunks himself down in seat 11C and half of 11B.

I squirm a bit and he very nicely apologizes for his size. Which brings up the question, "what is fair, here?" Should he be forced to purchase 2 seats which probably violates some discrimination law or not and have whoever is unlucky enough to be seated next to him suffer.

Opinions?