Thread: Dynasty
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Dynasty

The Patriots Won 3 out of 4 years.
The Cowboys Won 3 out of 4 years.
The Forty-Niners won back to back, 3 out of 6, 4 out of 9, or 5 out of 14, depending upon how you want to look at it.
The Steelers won back to back twice in a 6 year span, so 4 out of 6.
The Packers won the first two SuperBowls, I forget if they won any championships before they called it the SuperBowl.

I can't believe people are holding the Pats 9-7 season against them when they tied for 1st in the Division that year, and didn't get to go to the playoffs on a tie breaker. I can't believe people are saying that the Pats would have to win 3 in a row to be considered. Why is there some sort of greater standard set for the Pats than any other dynasty in history.
I guess i can believe people are saying margin of victory is significant, I disagree and think winning is winning, but it's not as ridiculous as other claims. But everyone complains about the BCS and how it's based on strenght of a win and such and not just on records.
And I can't believe people are comparing NBA or MLB to NFL, a game played on a schedule of 16 regular season games and 3 or 4 post season games.