View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on ZJ\'s post

[ QUOTE ]
1. I currently have very little motivation to receive good grades.
2. I hate going to class.
3. I hate doing homework.
4. I hate studying.
5. I hate taking tests.
7. I am intelligent enough to teach myself anything that I could learn in school to myself, via a "a buck fifty in late charges at the public library".
8. Although I hate learning in the school environment, I love learning on my own, mostly via reading.

Ok, so what you are saying in 1-5 is that you are lazy. No one enjoys taking tests or doing homework, but doing these things are necessary in order to learn. The fact that certain things are not pleasurable to do is a very weak argument for not doing them. Of course doing homework, studying for tests, and such is tedious, but the long term rewards outweigh the short term costs.

In light of numbers 1-5, I'm calling bullsh*t on 7-8. If you are so eager to learn certain things, then why not do so with the guidance of someone who has devoted his whole life to the subject and knows a lot more about it than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

These attitudes have nothing to do with laziness. Some people are just less obedient than others. School requires obedience, and nothing more.

[ QUOTE ]
In sum:
You are young, lazy, and think that you are smarter than everyone else. Welcome to the club.

[/ QUOTE ]

In sum:

You're jealous of Zee's natural talent for the game, and you want to bring him down to your level of self esteem.