View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: KQo - Post Flop Play Analysis

hey maximo,

your pre-flop and flop line looks good to me. I think anyone who is beating you (an EP A/Q or set of 5s or 7s that didn't want to raise PF) would have check-raised you on the flop, so I think you can assume that you're ahead here. The turn 7 is a bit worrisome once the MP2 bets, but I think you either have to raise it here to test him and get rid of the BB or just call and plan to call it down. If you want to test him (putting him on an weaker queen or spade draw) I would just say that you have to make a stronger raise to make sure the BB drops. If you do decide to raise here, I think you have to push because anything less won't give you any FE. A call wouldn't be bad, but what do you do if a spade comes on the river or if the MP2 bets large again? Yeah, a push is risky, but I think it's worth it here because the only thing you're afraid of is if MP2 is holding a 7, but I think that most players here would go for the check-raise instead of the small bet. This turn bet looks like a bet designed to prevent you from making his flush draw too expensive.

On the river I think your check is okay, but not great. I think a push here is good because I think you're ahead. However, if you've been very aggressive so far, then the MP2 might be trying to go for a check-raise here, but I still think he and the BB are on busted flush draws or weaker queens.

results?
ts-