View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Hot 97... wtf were you thinking?

[ QUOTE ]
No, my post was not made in jest. Yes, Miss Jones is an ignorant racist but I believe this whole thing is blown out of proportion.

So a black morning DJ made fun of a bunch of Asians and the tsunami disaster. Big whoop-dee-do. The same thing goes on with all the races about all the other races in our homes, with our friends, in our own heads.

Everyone is racist to some extent, it's just a matter of how much we act on our racist thoughts that differentiate us from the true nutjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume that you are aware of the fact that it's downright rhetorical to point out that something is "blown way out of proportion." Of course it is. Everything is. This goes without saying.

This clearly being true, let's ask ourselves if there is ANY sort of standard we would like to see upheld when it comes to portraying ourselves (as a species) as utterly failing in our efforts to evolve.

When we see BLATANT evidence that we are failing, I see no problem with examining the evidence.

These people, and people like them, are absolutely abject, and should be sifted out and either repaired or eliminated. They are bad for the machine.

That said, words don't effect me much, but I am objective enough to observe how profoundly they effect other people, and I am observant enough to hope to avoid the ramifications of those effects.