View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 12:26 AM

Default Re: 11 Hands for the Bull (and CJ)

Hello again MRB..

Of course I can't give any "exact" answers,as what we do in any given stud game is largely dependant on the game conditions and our opponents so I will speak generally.

The 3rd street hands....

(44)4 --I will generally limp in 1st or 2nd positions, raise in any later positions. If there are alot of power cards showing then I will pounce right away. You can make alot of money in 5-10 with rolled hands. ( you can also lose alot [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

Any hand that I have Aces I will generally raise/re-raise third. Whether or not they are hidden or split. EXCEPTION -- If I have completely dead cards and the game is really loose-aggressive..then they hit the muck ( generally )

(AK)Q suited --depends on how live my cards are. This is a hand I mix it up with. I might call,raise,re-raise or even Limp re-raise [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ( see my 15-30 post from a few days ago ) Generally my position in the hand and the cards that are out will determain what I do with it.

AKQ unsuited - I will generally play it but when I do I am frequently raising or re-raising. I don't want to play this with alot of players.

(10-7)3 suited -- so long as my cards are live and I'm not in that aggressive of a game.. I'll play them.. I want the suit really live though. If I think its going to be more than 1 full bet on third though, they will hit the muck.

(7-J)J -- I normally raise if there aren't too many overcards to act behind me. If an overcard raises ahead of me ( by a player I can respect ) the cards hit the muck.

The fourth street hands.....

Without discussing any of the other cards that are in play, it is really difficult to say what we would (or should) do.. but I will say..

The small pair hands with the 3 flushes are generally playable for 1 bet ( and I often bet right out myself with these hands ) As long as you don't think you are against a monster ( you don't want to be against a set with this type of hand ),and your cards are live you can probably even call a raise with one of these hands. ( generally you will be getting odds in these games to do this ) What you don't want is to play one of these hands that you HAVE to improve heads-up. I WILL SAY ONE THING THOUGH-----you shouldn't be in these situations too often cause you shouldn't often be in on third with a pair of sixes with an 8 kicker.. but you knew that [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

The four-flushes are easy. You are generally going all the way with them. Betting and raising where appropriate. Just mix your play up with them.

I know these were 'quick' answers, but I'm at work. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hope to see you Sunday at the 5-10 game.

CJ