View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 09:16 AM

Default 11 Hands for the Bull (and CJ)

I'm reprising my post below -- with the following opinion. I've been playing 2-4 online with a .25 ante, a pretty similar structure to the 5-10 game described below. I've found that every one of the hands below, in an unraised pot, is a good hand to raise in most games. The only exception might be the trips, if I'm middle or later and there are no limpers.

Bull, I know this is much looser than you'd play. CJ, I expect it's more your style. What I've found is you get so much information, narrow the field and set up action on your big hands by raising alot that it's worth the relatively small fourth street raise in this structure. Limping in an unraised pot is almost never the right play imho.

Here's the set up again, Bull, thanks for responding to the first three and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the others. CJ likewise. And all other opinions are welcome as well, of course. (btw, I've changed the bring in to $2, which I believe is what it is at Foxwoods and Mohegan).

We're going to assume you're in a $5-10 game with a .50 ante and a $2 bring in. You're dealt the following eleven starting hands. What do you do with each and why (including how other cards out and betting would affect your choice):

(4-4) 4

(A-A) 10 rainbow

(10-A) A rainbow

(A-K) Q suited

(A-K) Q rainbow

(10-7) 3 suited

(6-6) 8 2-suited

(8-6) 6 2-suited

(7-J) J rainbow

(6-7) 8 2-suited

(6-7) 9 2- suited