View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Do you get annoyed by people who don\'t follow etiquette in home ga

i enforced the rules early on when i started hosting my games. the longer you let them play loose and break every rule of etiquette, the harder it will be to get them to take the game a little more serious. i went pretty casual about it though.

example #1

i'm involved in a 3 handed hand..the board shows JTQ8....i'm milking my nut straight to the Ace, when someone says "I wonder if someone is holding King Ace!" I make a small bet on the turn, the other guys fold and show top pair and one guy shows middle and low pair. i flip over my straight, and say "come on guys, please don't talk about the hand if you are not involved." everyone seemed cool about it.

example #2

one dude is taking FOREVER to call, fold, raise, or check when the action is on him. i tell him "if we're going to have to wait longer than 30 seconds for you to even realize the action is on you, we will fold your hand for you."

in each situation i was calm and cool about it and did not come off like a jerk. do the same and you will get positive results.