View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Home Game Horror

Ok so maybe the topic was an exaggeration, but this has been happening for over 4 months. Basically the story is that my wife was invited to a home game by a friend she works with. Now we knew this couple in passing already so we both accepted the invite. The game is a $5 buy in dealer choice game. They only play poker related games and the stakes are 5 cent, 10 cent, a quarter.

Now the main problem is simply, neither me nor my wife can beat this game. There are usually 6-8 people playing and 4-6 of them are super loose and chase to the river every time hoping to catch, and one of them usually does. To be honest I am not sure this game is beatable unless we play super tight and that pretty much takes all the fun out of the game.

Any clue on how I should play at this game? They are all really nice people and I don't want to offend them by not showing up anymore, but I really hate losing every single time I go. It is not the money it is just the constant bad beats. Should I just loosen way up and enjoy the ride or should I stay semi-loose and indure the bad beats?

Thoughts?