Thread: K3o BB special
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: K3o BB special

I think betting the flop is fine here. If there were more people in, I would probably favor checking though as it is less likely to get checked around. Situations where you get raised like this are pretty tricky. With a coordinated board like this, I think there is a good chance you are ahead. If it was headsup, I would 3bet the flop because villain's raising standards are likely lower. In a multiway pot like this, I kind of like calling the flop raise and betting out the turn (folding to a raise). Of course, if you are in the type of game where someone will raise the turn with a hand you are ahead of, then this is a bad move. By betting out the turn you ensure that it doesn't get checked through, which isn't too unlikely if villain was raising with a draw. I think the opponent is less likely to get tricky in a multiway pot that is protected in a way by the 3rd guy. Seeing that you didn't bet the turn, I kind of like betting out the river here as its unlikely you'll get raised by a worse hand and someone with a pair of queens could check through.