View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 09:14 PM

Default KK 6-handed from SB, fairly ragged flop - what\'s my action?

Hi, my first post in 1TT, please be gentle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is a Party $10 + $1 and I felt fairly lost, I'm just starting to play SNGs and only have about 20 under my belt, and have only been playing hold'em for a month or so, so any and all comments would be a great help.

BB was playing quite loose, seeing about 50% of the flops, and was not afraid of calling a PF raise with rather trashy cards. He very rarely raised preflop. Postflop he was a little bit more aggressive, and had been caught bluffing once or twice. UTG was extremely loose and very passive, he very much liked to call.

PF I make a fairly standard 3BB raise, and it isolates BB, which is a good thing (I think)

On the flop is where I really get lost. Like I said, BB doesn't mind playing trash into a raise, so there's a small (very small) chance that I'm beaten here, but I wasn't really worried about that--I was more concerned with maximizing profit in this situation. Should I push to scare off an A or flush draw, or check and hope to induce a bluff, or should I make a mid-size bet? I felt very at sea while playing this flop. I'm sure my thinking is fairly backwards here, so I'd be very happy to hear some opinions on what the best action would be.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter

Hero (t845)
BB (t2265)
UTG (t2505)
UTG+1 (t1070)
MP1 (t640)
Button (t675)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls 30, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Button folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to t120</font>, BB calls t90, UTG calls 90

Flop: (t360) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

Again, thanks in advance for any and all comments, I know I've got a lot to learn, but please don't be too harsh!