View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Minnesota Carnage: 12/22 at the \'Bury (LONG)

Holy eff I'm glad you took care of this instead of me, your memory is incredible.

Other little tidbits:

~ I am the best seat-locker-upper ever. So before all this carnage began, they started a must-move 30/60 game which Dougie and I both played in for maybe a little over an hour. After the names got called, Blake, from the main game comes over and asks me to lock up a seat for Mike C (I imagine Mike was back at his place since he probably saw the deep 30/60 list and anticipated a wait). So I lock up the 7-seat for myself, and 2-seat for Mike. Mike arrives a little after the must-move has started, and proceeds to flop sets, flop quads, never miss with AK, etc etc. Big money. And yeah, I fold a lot.

~ I also played in a 3/6 game without any 2ers for ~45 minutes while Dougie was on another table. My highlight hand was having 4 limpers to me in the SB and I raise with J9o, UTG 3-betting, and us all calling to see a T87 flop. UTG didn't show but I would very much assume it was AA that he lost a lot of money with.

~ I moved to Dougie's table finally with 660, and already up 160 in my 3/6 outing.

~ Dougie's shoutings again make hundreds look over at our table:
On his stradle, we get 4 callers to me in the SB with 66 and I just call. At this point I don't have much Corona in me yet (so yeah 2 hours later in the night this is auto-cap). All of us to a 986 flop. I bet, BB raises, 40 people call including two people at table 3. I call. Turn Q. I check, BB bets, more callers, I check raise, BB 3-bets, one caller, I decide he must have a straight and superior slowplay him by calling. River 8. I check, BB bets, guy calls, I check raise, both call, and BB mutters under his breath about flopping the straight and me being so lucky.

Anyway, the point of the story: Dougie sees me table 66 and immediately shouts "YOU ONLY CALLED WITH THAT PREFLOP?!? YOU'RE SUCH A HORRIBLE POKER PLAYER I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW AWFUL YOU PLAY."

~ At our peak there were ~25 people watching our game. Comparatively, 30/60 had 1 observer.

~ I own Bicyclekick:
I dunno how this happens, but I raise EP with KT, BK 3-bets from LP and I call so we're HU (RARE occurence) for only 3-bets (RARER occurence). Flop J76. I check he bets I call. Turn 4. I check/call again. River 7. I bet intending to 3-bet if given the chance, BK calls, I table my KT and him his Q9 and drag the pot. My value betting prowess is unmatched, especially against call-stations like BK.

~ Edge34 runs bad:
This one is the most notable one in my head though I'm sure there are more... Banditbdl (Brian #2) limps utg, Milo limps, I raise with two cards, Edge34 cold calls, and lots of people get in behind us, maybe for more bets, maybe not, I don't remember.

Flop 975 two diamonds. Bandit bets, I think Milo calls, I call, Edge raises, and somehow the pot ends up capped with Bandit, Edge34, and a third player.

Turn 7d, Bandit bets, Edge raises, guy behind them both calls, Bandit calls.

River 4; Bandit checks, Edge checks, third guy checks. Edge tables 86o for the flopped nut straight, Bandit outdoes him with 44 for the running boat.

This seemed to be the standard line for lots of 2+2ers on the night -- putting in a million bets when trailing, and zero when winning.

~ I definitely showed Milo why I was in fact the best player at the table. Milo observed TPTK laydowns, and even better, in huge pots with huge idiots. It really was a limit hold em clinic -- so even if Dougiefish thinks the honor was his, I was in fact the best player.

~ Bicyclekick plays really, really, really awful: He runner runnered two flushes on me and both times bet out on them on the river. I only called both times, once with AK TPTK and once with 75 two pair. He had cake check-raises as I do not miss a value bet in my life. In fact, I may even 3-bet him as I'd read his river checkraise as a clowny laggro move. River bet outs bigtime -EV -EV.

~ Between what Dougie (esp. Dougie), Edge34 and myself were tipping, there had to have been at least $750 worth of tips to dealers over the course of our play, just from us 3.

~ The 3/6 pro that came at the end of the night who Dougie referenced was absolutely shell-shocked when he heard Dougie and I play 30/60. So much that it took a dealer vouching for us before he believed it.

~ Milo is a trooper. He drove from Rockford (I think?) Illinois up to CBury on little sleep, the night before closing his new house in MN just to come play with us clowns. Pretty impressive. I think he'd have had a better time though if he won a few more hands since he wasn't running all that well either.

~ "I do what I can... I'm a humanitarian." - Dougiefish, ~200 times over the course of the night.

Others can add more and maybe I will too if I remember more. A lot of the night is a really big blur.

Also thanks to Brian #1 and Brian #2 for both buying the table a round of drinks.