View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Quality of folding holdem table tops?

[ QUOTE ]
I built my own tables using high quality velvet, but a couple friends have the folding tables with the cheap felt. Other replies are correct in saying the felt pills up, however, it DOES NOT get better over time. It gets worse. The rail will last much longer than the felt. When that green stuff starts getting mixed into the cards, the chips, in your drink, inside the Dorito bowl, you'll regret wasting the money. My tables are not for sale, so I have no other reason to bash them but to tell the truth. When we play at a house with one of those things, I always offer to haul one of mine.

Get the plywood, buy the velvet and pleather for the rail, etc, and build your own. It will give you many years of pleasure.

Onaflag.........

[/ QUOTE ]

i have looked into building one and i have complete confidence in my ability to do it properly, but two things concern me and make me want to buy this instead of building it myself -

- Putting cupholders in the rail

- No matter how good i made my tabletop, the ability to fold it up and put it in the trunk of my car or closet is a HUGE advantage, i am yet to see any directions on how to properly make a tabletop fold small like that one

wouldnt it also be possible to recover the top with the material of my choice anyway if i so desired once it starts to heavily wear?