View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Suckin\' Out is g00000000t

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is fine. I'd play it exactly the same way -- what did you dislike? The river checkraise is sweeeeeeeeet (since you trap the BB).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if I should bet the turn since I picked up the nut flush draw. Also, the check-raise was sweet but I was only 85% sure he would bet into me. How much would this suck if he checked it through? But what if I bet out the river, do you think I could have gotten him to raise and thus I could 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
He 3-bet you preflop and capped the flop -- he doesn't have AQ or AJ here. That said, you've got either 9 or 11 outs, depending on what he's holding, which would put you at around 3.6:1, and with only two more players in, I really can't see a bet being good. You're drawing to beat Button here so hand protection isn't really important if BB is calling with a gutshot.

Since you check-called the turn (as I think you should), the river check-raise seems 100% obvious. Button will bet this river at least 90% of the time, so 90% of the time you gain 4 bets, vs. 100% of the time gaining 2 bets (I think he rarely raises a river bet here), so I think checkraising is definitely the plan, stan.

Rob